Wednesday 2 June 2010

Dim Dim

The video cenference we had with Ellen was a new experience for me. Video conferencing is not part of my organisation's culture - the technology is costly and the NHS is not known for spending in this area unless absolutely necessary! I linked in from home, as did Jo - while Maggie, Cindy and Ellen were in the classroom.

Dim Dim was free to use (although limited in terms of how many people could take part), and could help when I need to communicate with my colleagues in Abingdon. It's not always possible to get together due to pressures of work, and this might be a sensible compromise.

On the negative side, the sound wasn't great, and it took us a while to all get the technology up an running. There was also a bit of a time delay and we kept speaking over one another. I'm not sure that my colleagues who are technology averse would be entirely happy with using this methos of communication.

It did help that Ellen had obviously used Dim Dim before and was able to guide us through the process.

Something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good use of a blog for reflection, Sarah, and you used it well.

    ReplyDelete